Monday, February 22, 2021

Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York’s Most Creative Bakery

Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York’s Most Creative Bakery by Agatha Kulaga and Erin Putinkin 272 pages

I love to bake almost as much as I love to read.  So when I got my hands on the updated version of Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York’s Most Creative Bakery, I was in hog heaven.  I couldn’t wait to flip through its glossy pages and see what spoke to me. Is it bad to say that almost everything did? And I think I gained five pounds just drooling.

What I liked most about this cookbook was that it is geared toward an experienced baker, yet doesn’t forget about the novices out there. I loved the Essential Tools & Ingredients guide, Choosing a Baking Pan, Sugar definitions and conversions charts,

I haven’t tried many of the recipes, but the Hot Chocolate Cookies are wonderful!  I’m eager to try the Bloody Mary Scones, The Stumptown Shorty and Spicy Bacon Caramel Corn. 

One thing that I did not like about the recipes was that many of them had ingredients that are not commonly found in everyday kitchens, mine included. Therefore, Ovenly: Sweet and Salty Recipes from New York’s Most Creative Bakery receives 4 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment