Monday, November 22, 2021

The Book of Magic

 

Shirley J.                      Adult Paranormal Fiction                        Witches, magic, family curses

The Book of Magic by Alice Hoffmann    400 pages

I love the Owens family, the quirky aunts, the magic afoot.  And finally a solution to the age old family curse.  There is such a need for balance in the universe and the sunshine must have its rain and so it is with the Owens family curse.  No free rides nothing comes easily nor without consequences.   I can only say I loved this story nearly as much as Practical Magic which I adored.   Every generation offers its sisterhood and this one is delightful and will please.   Lots of characters introduced and faraway places sought.  Another rich and delightful tale from Alice Hoffmann.  Bravo.   I recommend this one to middle-schoolers on up.


No comments:

Post a Comment