Wednesday, February 9, 2022

The Dying of the Light: A Novel



 Shirley J.                Adult Fiction              Virginia gentry,  wealth, big houses, marrying for money    

The Dying of the Light: A Novel by Robert Goolrick    I only read 100 pages in and stopped

I tried to stay with this book, but, I couldn't.   The way the story was told to that point was like it all ran together and as if it was one tremendously long run-on sentence.    There wasn't a lot of depth or feeling to it.   Nothing memorable, nothing to cling to that would get you to want to see what happened next.  I sadly found it very dull and uninteresting.   I was hoping the somewhat historical background would hold my interest but sadly no.   The character had no pizzazz.    The read was like enduring a class with a professor who spoke in only a monotone and put you to sleep.    I kept having to force myself to try to stay with it but finally I had to stop, there was just nothing to hold my interest here.   I cannot recommend this one as it was not to my taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment