Saturday, August 5, 2023

Blood From a Stone: A Memoir of How Wine Brought Me Back from the Dead

 

Blood From a Stone: A Memoir of How Wine Brought Me Back from the Dead by Adam McHugh 272 pages

 

This is one of those books that I picked up for the title and bought for the first sentence: “This is the story of how wine brought me back from the dead.” To my embarrassment, I had not bothered to notice the book’s subtitle; but even if I had, I probably would have not even bothered to read the first sentence, just bought it.

 

Adam McHugh was a hospice chaplain who worked nights. No wonder he was depressed. That’s a really tough gig. And it’s no wonder that he started drinking with wine being the beverage of choice.

 

I’m not sure what I thought this book was going to be about, but it wasn’t a history of wine and winemaking. It was so dry, I could barely stay awake to read it.

Blood From a Stone: A Memoir of How Wine Brought Me Back from the Dead receives 2 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment