Thursday, November 21, 2013

Chainsaw Confidential, How We Made The World's Most Notorious Horror Movie

Chainsaw Confidential, How We Made the World's Most Notorious Horror Movie
Gunnar Hansen  240 pages




              The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is one of those movies that I own that I do not pull out to watch very often, I find it that disturbing.  That being said,  when I saw this title on the scrolling menu of our catalogue, I was placing a hold on it before I read the summary.  I was mainly curious about how Gunnar Hansen would write about the movie he starred in as Leatherface, one of film's most horrifying killers. 
  
                Gunnar does not disappoint, I will give him that- this was a quick (what I like to call bubblegum) read and held my attention for the duration.  The only exception for me was when he spends a chapter discussing horror as a genre.  The most captivating parts of the book are when he discusses the making of the film. His description of the unbearable Texas heat, their grueling schedule, and  how some of the scenes were shot made me want to dig out the DVD and watch the film again.  Overall, I enjoyed revisiting what really was a notorious film from the man who did not speak one line during the entire film.

No comments:

Post a Comment