Friday, December 18, 2015

Down the Rabbit Hole

Down the Rabbit Hole by Holly Madison, 334 pages

Cover image for

I love me a good memoir, so when I saw this book by Holly Madison, ex-girlfriend of Hugh Hefner, I knew it would be a good one.

Overall, it didn't disappoint. I was hooked from the very beginning--and kept on being hooked--as she described her life from rural Alaska and Oregon to Playboy Mansion to independent lady.

What made this book truly fascinating was the inside scoop of the infamous Playboy Mansion. I think you would be lying to yourself if you didn't at one point in time wonder what it was like on the inside of Hefner's complex (am I right?), and the book details every inch of it. Spoiler alert: it's not pretty. Did you really expect anything else considering that lifestyle?

Madison does an excellent job of chronicling both her life as a "Playboy bunny" and her life as a woman trying to overcome the stigma of being associated with the mansion. At times, I felt as though the writing was a bit superficial, but after spending nearly a decade in a mansion of ridicule and manipulative confinement, can you really blame her?

No comments:

Post a Comment