Thursday, December 31, 2015

Oh Sarah


Oh Sarah by Florence Musgrave, 247 pages

Sarah is a preacher's kid and everyone expects her to be nicer and better behaved than other children.  But Sarah hates having to go without because her family has no money and she just wants to be a normal girl in a normal family and she often lashes out in anger at people because of her this.  Despite her anger, Sarah really does want to be good and tries her best to be understanding, most of the time.  But Sarah's patience is tested when her mother wants to adopt Sarah's cousins, baby twins.  Sarah just sees more work and less money and is angrier than ever.  I first read this when I was kid and it was not a new book then, but Sarah's problems are relatable today.  This was a used copy I received as a Christmas present because I loved it so much as a kid and I found that I still loved it as much today, but it is, unfortunately, not one the library owns.

No comments:

Post a Comment