Thursday, April 21, 2016

If You Were Me and Lived in Egypt: A Child's Introduction to Culture Around the World

If You Were Me and Lived in…Egypt: A Child’s Introduction to Culture Around the World by Carole P. Roman, illustrated by Kelsa Wierenga  36 pages

It’s easy to be an armchair traveler in Carole Roman’s informative series, If You Were Me and Lived in….A Child’s Introduction to Culture Around the Worlds. This17th volume focuses on Egypt, the “cradle of civilization.”

One thing that I learned that I did not know was that Egypt is “transcontinental country,” which means that it is “located in both Africa and Asia.”  There’s one for the next trivia game!

I found the text interesting and made me want to learn more about Egypt. I often of it as an exotic locale, but after reading about life there, I realize that its inhabitants and not much different American in the things we enjoy doing and the importance of family.


I give If You Were Me and Lived in...Egypt: A Child's Introduction to Cultures Around the World 4 out of 5 stars. Why 4? The author asks the reader two questions that are not answered. Highly irritating.

No comments:

Post a Comment