Friday, October 28, 2016

Assassination Classroom Volumes 1-10

Assassination Classroom Assassination Classroom by Yusei Matsui Volumes 1-10, 1928 pages (10 books)

Koro-sensei is not your average teacher. In fact he is a quite literally monster. Having recently eaten half of the moon, he threatens to destroy Earth unless his pupils can assassinate him before the end of the school year. What at first seemed like a difficult task is made near impossible as his abilities come to light, such as moving at speeds near Mach 20 and being impervious to nearly all weapons. But the fate of the world is resting on class 3-E, or as they are known at their school, the rejects.
Assassination Classroom
So far I have enjoyed this series more than I thought I would. When I first read the plot and even the first part of the book, I thought it was a little corny. My first though was this series would eventually rely on a loophole or weird twist to save the Earth. But as the series has progressed, Matsui has done a great job of convincing me that it might just be possible for this ragtag group of students to actually accomplish their goal. I got a real kick out of the way the monster helps his students both in their classwork, but also in their planning to kill him.

But since the series is not over yet, I am reserving my judgement till the end. I am predicting that he falls in love with the students and cannot bring himself to destroy the world. It would be cheesy, but at least it would not be a loophole.

No comments:

Post a Comment