Tuesday, October 18, 2016

The Dark Room

The Dark Room by Jonathan Moore.  140 pages finished of 283 pages.Book comes out in January, 2017 - I read an e-galley

  A homicide inspector in the middle of an exhumation is called away to another case;  San Francisco's mayor is being blackmailed and has ordered the inspector, Gavin Cain, back to the city.  At City Hall, the mayor shows Cain four photos that he's received, all showing the same woman, and each progressively more explicit, with the last showing the woman naked, unconscious, and shackled.  The blackmail letter states more photos are coming unless the mayor kills himself.  Cain is tasked with finding the blackmailer, and uncovering what happened to the woman in the photos.

I usually enjoy suspenseful books like this, but I just found this story to be uninspiring.  Cain is interesting, but I just couldn't get into the book.  There were a lot of details, and I found it difficult to keep them straight, and after a while, I just wasn't interested.  This may be a book that I could read at some other point and enjoy, but I just wasn't feeling it this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment