Thursday, August 2, 2018

BELATED JULY POST: Death of a Gossip

Please note: Shirley emailed me this post and I failed to get it posted before the end of July. So, it's posted in August but goes towards our JULY totals. - Jen


Death of a Gossip by M. C. Beaton             Audio Book: 4 hours, 46 mins      

Good Story.   I found out that this was actually the first book in the Hamish Macbeth series and what a great start.   At this juncture Macbeth is in his early 20s and is saving all the money he can to send home to his parents and 6 siblings.     He has a keen sense for sorting out crimes and the criminals who commit them.     A gathering of hoity toities on a fishing holiday and everyone has a dark skeleton hiding in their closet and one horrid accusatory wench bomblasting every one there every chance she gets till the murder occurs.  Hmmmm.    Juicy story with lots of things turning up a who’s who that could be a rogues gallery.   Well written and fun to read.    The murder will have you guessing all the way through to the end.    I have looked up the series order so I can begin reading the books in the order they were written so I can learn more on the backgrounds of the locals especially Hamish.   Excellent series.    Makes me long for the heather covered moors.    Bravo, M. C. Beaton you have great characters and write Scot culture and brogue endearingly.    Good on ya.   I highly recommend the Hamish MacBeth series.

No comments:

Post a Comment