Saturday, August 29, 2020

The Dark Corners of the Night

 


The Dark Corners of the Night by Meg Gardiner     337 pages

The Midnight Man appears in the darkness, coming for the parents but leaving the children as witnesses to his unspeakable horror. In Los Angeles, people are scared and the attacks keep escalating.  FBI behavioral analyst Caitlin Hendrix is asked to assist with the Midnight Man investigation and hunt down this terrifying killer. However, something seems off . . .  is this killer somehow connected to Caitlin's own past?

Creepy and disturbing, this story builds in pacing and intensity with each chapter. I didn't realize this was a book in a series, but I didn't feel I was at a loss to understand what was happening or anything about Caitlin's character. This is a gritty, well-plotted story that kept me guessing -- and then I had a bit of a surprise at the ending (which I liked).

No comments:

Post a Comment