Monday, September 20, 2021

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll











Shirley J.         Juvenile Fiction         A little girl dreams she chases a white rabbit into a whole new world

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll     77pages

It is fun to go back and re-experience favorite classics from my younger years as an adult to see what my current take on the stories are.  I still love this one.  I kept thinking while reading it that early film version certainly was true to the original story and they did amazing makeup and special effects for the time.  I still love Lewis Carroll's imaginings and how sassy that little thing Alice was all the way through even though a child coming up against some very odd in deed circumstances.   She is so brave!  I recommend this to young and old to those who are too young to read but will enjoy being read to and to those old enough to be lulled by hearing the words and smiling over all the images they conjure in the mind's eye.  

No comments:

Post a Comment