Wednesday, September 22, 2021

My Squirrel Days

 










Shirley J.                 Adult Non-Fiction                   Biography of Ellie Kemper's life thus far    

My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper  256 pages

I have been a fan of Ellie Kemper's ever since the first episode of the "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt."  Great show!  Hilarious Tina Fey humor.   Then I started noticing her in lots of other roles I hadn't realized.  Ellie is a great actress and now I know she is a great writer, too.   I found out while reading thi book she is a fellow St. Louisan!  How cool is that?   She was also the receptionist with also another St. Louisan, Jenna Fischer, on the t.v. show, "The Office."   This gal rolls with some A list folks!  So therein lies the tale that folks from the Lou can become rich and famous and live the starry eyed Hollywood dream!  Hello, Jon Hamm, Kevin Kline, John Goodman, I could go on and on.   But, back to Ellie Kemper, she honed her skills doing Improv in Chicago and New York then later L.A. and it all started with doing Christmas plays every year when she was young in her home in Ladue with her friend and also her little brother.   She got the acting bug early, and the writing bug, as well as she wrote all the plays, directed them and acted in them.  The girl was a tripl-threat dynamo.   Her superpower may well have been her red hair.   I recommend this book to middle-schoolers on up.  Caution: She does say a few cuss words along the way, but I think her joie de vivre will win out.

No comments:

Post a Comment