Monday, December 2, 2013

Heard it Through the Grapevine


Heard it Through the Grapevine by Lizbeth Lipperman, 323 pages

Growing up, I was always drawn to the mystery section of my hometown's public library, and I'd often find myself in a unique series for months on end. When I came across Heard it Through the Grapevine (and I'm not talking about the Marvin Gaye song), I knew I had to read it! A murder mystery involving a ghostly detective? Come on!

My spontaneous curiosity (me being spontaneous is a big deal, take it from me!) was not disappointed! It had all the trappings for a good, contemporary mystery novel (suspense, dead bodies, romance, and the occassional usage of naughty language), and the storyline had me completely hooked right from the beginning.

Though predictable at points, I highly recommend this book for both fanatics and novices of mystery novels. The best part? The cover of the book has the series listed as "A Dead Sister Talking Mystery," which most likely means that more like it are on the way! I'm just dying to read another! 



No comments:

Post a Comment