Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Gummi Bears Should Not be Organic

Gummi Bears Should Not Be Organic: And Other Opinions I Can't Back Up With Facts by 
This parenting memoir by Stefanie Wilder-Taylor is her story of how she strives to find a balance between protective and caring . . and downright crazy.  Filled with funny stories, including why going to the park with children is awful (one of my favorite chapters, actually), and reflections on parenting, in general, the author focuses on what works for her family.

I found this book to be pretty funny, although I felt like it might have been better as a series of articles online.  About 3/4 of the way through the book, it was feeling a bit repetitive.  However, I don't have children, so maybe that's why.   I had found this on the shelf and picked it up because of the title, and because I was curious.  It made for a good read after the last two nonfiction books I finished, so while I wouldn't go back for a re-read, it was an entertaining book.

No comments:

Post a Comment