Friday, January 11, 2019

Damaged: A Rosato and DiNunzio Novel

Damaged:  A Rosato and DiNunzio Novel (Book 4) by Lisa Scottoline         AudioBook: 13 hrs., 35 mins       Mass Market Paperback: 480 pages                     

I am a fan of Lisa Scottoline and her daughter, Francesca Serratella’s hilarious essays on life so naturally when I discovered that Lisa also writes crime novels, well, I had to check them out.     This is the first book I have read of Lisa’s in this genre and I absolutely loved it.    Lisa is a great storyteller and now I find it is not just her comedic telling tales on herself that I love so much, but, her writing style and her personality that come through in all of her writings regardless of genre.    Lisa is so talented and one of those writer’s and I suspect she is the same in person from the interviews with her that I have lucked into hearing, that you hang on her every word and you really want to hear what she is going to say next.    Great story, so realistic it could be taken from news headlines and I see why the Di Nunzio family in this series is so popular.   They, I suspect, are a take on the “Flying Scottoline’s” Lisa’s own family that she talks about with such love and warmth.     This story will touch your heart in so many ways and you will not realize who the murderer is till the end and it is such a heart-wrenching story complete with orphan, grampa, bullying at school,  sweet dispositioned child who bends over backward to accommodate his grandfather’s wishes when his parents are killed and the child is forced to live with the elderly man.   Mary DiNunzio is a full-time lawyer, she is planning her second wedding and contemplating becoming a foster mom while dealing with her fiancee’s wanting to take a job offer in California which would take Mary away from her family she is so strongly bonded to that she can’t let go.    How will all this be sorted out?    I highly recommend this book for anyone.    I LOVED IT!

 - Shirley J.

No comments:

Post a Comment