Wednesday, July 24, 2019

A Desirable Residence

A Desirable Residence by Madeleine WIckham     Mass Market Paperback:  352 pages        

I did not like this book.   I love Sophie Kinsella's books, but, if I had read this book by her (using her real name) first, I doubt I would ever have read any of her later works and would have missed out on some very good writing.    Now, in all fairness, by the time I reached page 300 things did get a little better, but, then it ended rather abruptly so all in all I found it one of the most dissatisfying books I have ever forced myself to read.    I can't tell you how many times I put this book down and thought it was so dull and boring I would not finish it, but, I made myself keep on, hoping to find some better part to it that might make it worthy.     It wasn't.   DULL,  BORING, are the two words that jump immediately to my mind in regard to this book.    I would not recommend this book to anyone.

- Shirley J

No comments:

Post a Comment