Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Bite Me: A Love Story

Bite Me: A Love Story by Christopher Moore      Audio Book:  8 hrs., 3 mins     Paperback book:  352 pages                           

Hilarious story.   I laughed so much and got such a kick out of Abby Normal.   Again, I didn’t realize this was part of a series and I came in reading Book 3, this title, first.   I so thoroughly enjoyed Abby that I am going to read the entire series.     Abby is so ultra-fabulous in her speech, I cannot praise her enough.  She is young and free and her language is colorful and articulate and every time she threw in her catch phrase it just accentuated whatever topic she was on at the time so beautifully that I was cracking up laughing.   I cannot imagine a more perfect vampire who enjoys the nosferatu of it all to the max.  There is a huge (hairless) cat named Chet and a legion of vampire stray cats,  there are scientists who lab test rats and turn them vamp.   None of which sounds appealing necessarily but is so funny and fun, o.k. people occasionally get eaten but it is all part of the story and will make sense as you go.   I do suggest you start with book 1 of the series but honestly, this book stood on its own merit and was delightful.   Yes, yes, yes, I recommend this series for teens through all ages.   Maybe a bit blue for the tween set but so funny I adored it.     Do treat yourself to meeting Abby she is one of my favorite characters of all time.

 - Shirley J

No comments:

Post a Comment