Thursday, October 17, 2019

Travel as Transformation: Conquer the Limits of Culture to Discover Your Own Identity


 Travel as Transformation: Conquer the Limits of Culture to Discover Your Own Identity  by Gregory V. Diehl  162 pages
Author Gregory Diehl sent me his self-help book review approximately a year ago, maybe longer.  I admit that I was intrigued by the concept. Hubs and I don’t get to travel as much as we’d like, but retirement isn’t that far off, so I thought I’d start thinking about how different cultures could enhance our lives---maybe even cook some other foods beside what we normally eat.  Bottom line, maybe we could start experiencing how other cultures could enhance our lives.

Over the past years, I have picked up this short book, at least two dozen times. And at least a dozen times, I haven’t been able to get past page 19. I’m sure it’s the reader and not the writer, but I found the book so boring. 

I feel bad that I am giving Diehl’s work such a poor grade and comments, but I promised him that I would give him my honest opinion, and for better or worse, here it is.

 Travel as Transformation: Conquer the Limits of Culture to Discover Your Own Identity   receives 1 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment