Friday, November 27, 2015

You're Making me Hate You

Cover image for You're Making me Hate You by Corey Taylor, 243 pages

What you see above is only the shortened, for everyday use title. The full title is:
You're making me hate you : a cantankerous look at the common misconception that humans have any common sense left. In its extended form you get a pretty good idea what the book is about. For those that do not know, Corey is the lead singer in the band Slipknot and also Stone Sour. He apparently is also a novelist, seeing as how this is his third book.
 
When I picked up this book I did not make the connection that this was the same Corey Taylor from Slipknot. I blame it on the lack of a mask/makeup rather than my ignorance. It wasn't till he mentioned his time with the band that I made the connection. Not that it matters much. I certainly am not more inclined to read books by famous people, but I do tend to avoid them slightly more than normal. I blame it on how awful some are.
 
I tend enjoy books that rant about life. Books that make you take a hard look at society and think how the heck did we end up like this. I especially like them if they can do it in a humorous way. You're Making me Hate You manages to do just that. I mean he certainly hit on some of my pet peeves with humanity: walking next to someone so you block the path and do not move so people can go around you, check. Sauntering across the street and blocking traffic as the light changes, check. Thinking the world revolves around you, check. I could go on, but it is just easier to tell you to go read the book. So go read the book.
 
 Parental advisory note: there is a fair amount of cussing in this book.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment