Sunday, December 9, 2018

Ghosted

Ghosted by Rosie Walsh   337 pages

"Seven perfect days. Then he disappeared. A love story with a secret at its heart."

Sarah's life has been in a sort of holding pattern until she meets Eddie and feels an instant connection to him. And it's mutual, as though Eddie has been waiting to meet her. Sarah's never been so certain of anything in her life so when Eddie leaves for a long-booked vacation and promises to call her, she doesn't doubt him. However, he doesn't call. In fact, it seems like he's dropped off the face of the earth. Sarah's friends are telling her to forget about him, but she can't --- she knows something must have happened to him.

As it turns out, something has happened. And it also turns out that some of the things that Sarah and Eddie didn't share with each other over those amazing seven days has something to do with what has happened.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a bit of a slow start and I found myself agreeing with Sarah's friends that maybe she should just forget about this guy. And then the pace started picking up and I found myself agreeing with Sarah that maybe there was something behind Eddie's lack of communication.  Before I knew it, I was hooked on the story and turning the pages nonstop.

That's not to say the book is not without flaws. There are a few threads running through the main storyline that could have been thinned out. Sarah's relationship with her ex-husband and his new girlfriend was played up a bit more than I felt necessary.  And, is the ending believable?  Well, does it matter?  I found this an enjoyable read and was satisfied by the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment