Friday, December 7, 2018

THE WRITER'S LITTLE HELPER

The Writer's Little HelperThe Writer's Little Helper by James V Smith  199 pages

https://slpl.bibliocommons.com/item/show/1200677116

Reviewed by Rae C.

I'm going to have to buy this book.  I've been writing for 30 years, and in that time I have not sold anything to a major publisher or publication.  (Or a screenplay to a studio.)  I've written several novels, about 30 short stories, two screenplays, a comic book script (for a series, not just one issue), a lot of poetry, and numerous articles for small magazines.

I've expressed myself and followed my own path. I've watched many stories similar to mine get published. I want to write something that more than 20 people want to read, so I really needed this book!

This book might seem gimmicky, but it's not.  For example, Flesch Kincaid scores. As a secretary I've used this tool for business documents, but after reading this book I'm going to use it on all my future manuscripts.  Best sellers should be easy to read!  And the author has compiled many helpful checklists and outlines for story structure and plotting.

Recommended to any writer in a slump, that is aiming for a bestseller- or at least a sale with a major publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment