Saturday, May 30, 2020

A Song of Ice and Fire series

A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin  969 pages
A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin  1177 pages

It's impossible to summarize these books. So here's the Wikipedia entry.

I have been finding these books to be compulsive reads -- meaning, I cannot stop turning the pages. While these are long books and there are a lot of details to keep track of, I find I love the political intrigue, the back-and-forth in viewpoints, and the storylines that intersect (or threaten to intersect at some point).  I did watch the HBO series before reading these books, so I have an advantage in that I know some of the storyline and relative storylines, and can keep some of that in my head. The books do diverge from the series (which makes sense -- the HBO series had to condense a lot of the books to fit everything!!). So, I can't always predict what is going to happen, which makes the story a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment