Friday, January 29, 2021

The Sudden Appearance of Hope


 The Sudden Appearance of Hope by Claire North.  468 pages

Summary (courtesy of Goodreads): My name is Hope Arden, and you won't know who I am. But we've met before - a thousand times.


It started when I was sixteen years old.

A father forgetting to drive me to school. A mother setting the table for three, not four. A friend who looks at me and sees a stranger.

No matter what I do, the words I say, the crimes I commit, you will never remember who I am.

That makes my life difficult. It also makes me dangerous.

------------------------------------
I read this book with a strong sense of deja-vu.  Which is funny, considering the premise is that this woman is someone whom everyone forgets within minutes of meeting her. But, I couldn't shake the sense that I had read this book before --- although I couldn't remember what was going to happen.  I did like the premise and I found the character to be interesting. However, I didn't like one of the threads running through the story about this thing called Perfection, which is an app/service . . . it was just strange.  So, if I did read this before, it was mostly . . . forgettable.  And, not interesting enough to re-read after this.

No comments:

Post a Comment