Friday, June 11, 2021

Spinster Goose


 Shirley J.                 Juvenile Fiction                         Nursery Rhymes about naughty kids

Spinster Goose:Twisted Rhymes for Naughty Children by Lisa Wheeler and Sophie Blackall  
48 pages

It isn't widely known that Mother Goose has a sister name Spinster who runs a school for wayward boys and girls.  It is not the technicolor happy place of Mother Goose's sweet rhymes, but, more  a drab gray reform school where bratty kids are taught the err of their ways and that they must atone for their misdeeds all told in the familiar rhyme format we so love and with nods to the original rhymes to give you a clue as to which Spinster is speaking of.   Fun and funny and certainly worth the read.   I think that kids of any age will like the meter and the rhymes but I think toddlers might not understand  the concept as well as kindergarten age kids might.     I also think how funny the idea is of kids that will understand what is happening/being said will be.   Personally, I got a kick out of them as I think all adults will if not necessarily all the kids.   I still recommend this book to anyone who wants to read or listen to it and I think seniors will doubly get a kick out of it.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment