Saturday, June 5, 2021

The Joy of Chemistry: A Quick Study Guide for Kids and Beginners to Learn Chemistry Using Fun Analogies and Examples

The Joy of Chemistry: A Quick Study Guide for Kids and Beginners to Learn Chemistry Using Fun Analogies and Examples by Dr. Nervana Elkhadragy 59 pages

I cannot remember how I got out of high school chemistry, but I am certain it was divine intervention. Math and science are just not my strong suits.

In this book aimed at an audience of high schoolers up to age 100, Dr. Nervana Elkhadragy puts a spin on explaining the differences between protons, electrons, atoms, orbits, particles, nuclei and elements. She uses humans to explain how they work and to help non-science people understand better.

I found the reading fascinating, and thought, AT LAST! I understand this stuff! The sad part is now, a week later, I couldn’t explain the difference between any of those items. I did enjoy learning how the period table came to be and how elements were assigned their symbols. The analogies got a little repetitive using people. It might have been better if she had used different analogies for each item. That would have made more sense to me.

The Joy of Chemistry” receives 3 out of 5 stars in Julie’s world.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment