Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Cat Person

Cat Person by Seo Kim, 138 pages

I ordered this for our graphic novel collection because, of course, I am a cat person, and I couldn't pass it up. It was even better than I expected. Kim's drawings are adorable, first of all, and I kept thinking her style looked familiar. Then I looked her up and she is an artist for Adventure Time. She's good at giving angry characters jagged little shark teeth. The cartoons about her and her cat Jimmy are so freakin' cute and definitely easy to relate to if you're a cat owner. I probably looked like a crazy person laughing at the drawings in this book. There is also a section just about her, and a section about her boyfriend.
It does not have a whole lot of text either, as she does a good job with telling a story mostly through pictures. A quick and cute graphic novel.

1 comment: