Thursday, May 29, 2014

Fables Volume 1


Cover image for Fables. The deluxe edition, Book one / Bill Willingham, writer ; Lan Medina ... [et al.], artists ; Sherilyn van Valkenburgh, Daniel Vozzo, colorists ; Todd Klein, letterer.
Fables, the Deluxe Edition Volume 1 by Bill Willingham, 248 pages

This book series came highly recommended by fellow blogger Kara K. It was sold to me as storybook characters that have been forced out of their native lands and into modern society. It is a very long series though it is done as a full color graphic novel.

I know that you should never judge a book by its cover but the first time I saw this book I took a small disliking to it. Something about the cover made it seem more childish or cartoony than I was expecting. But since it was recommended and a graphic novel I gave it a try.

It starts off a little weird but quickly builds into a decent story with somewhat likeable and believable characters. There were some that I didn’t recognize which story book they came from though. By the end I wanted to keep reading, if nothing else because it will be interesting to see where the author goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment