Thursday, March 26, 2015

Live Right And Find Happiness Although Beer Is Much Faster



Another humorous collection of essays by Barry, this book rages against David Beckham, discusses the delights and dangers of Russia and Brazil, explains the superiority of soccer and celebrates the birth of his first grandchild.  I thought that this was less funny than some of his other books and little more introspective.  However, I still enjoyed the book as it is well written and still includes some laid-back humor within the stories.  People who have liked Barry’s other books will probably like this one also, but I wouldn’t give this to someone new to Barry’s books who is looking for humor.  Several of his other books have made me laugh out loud and this just wasn’t that kind of book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment