Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Only Pirate at the Party

Only Pirate at the Party by Lindsey Stirling, 258 pages

Cover image for
I don’t remember when or how I stumbled across Lindsey and her music on YouTube, but I am glad I did. I found her unique style and energy, and of course her music to be uplifting and yet somehow still soothing. It wasn’t long before I became a follower of hers, and I must admit recruited others to her music as well. Since then I have watched all her videos and while I was interested in how she got started and more about her life, I never sought it out.

It was by sheer chance, while browsing a book catalog, I noticed that she had this book. Luckily someone else had already ordered so I placed the only copy to be had on request and eagerly waited. Something about the title “Only Pirate at the Party” seemed to fit not only my impression of her, but also how I feel from time to time.
I really enjoyed reading this book. It has the same energy that you feel in her music. Even though it is an autobiography and has some dark events, it is still a very light read. Everyone that enjoys her music should take the time to read this book. It will only make you realize what kind of person Lindsey is, and help you to enjoy her music that much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment