Monday, October 29, 2018

As You Wish

As You Wish: The Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride by Cary Elwes and Joe Layden     276 pages

From Goodreads:

Cary Elwes was inspired to share his memories and give fans an unprecedented look into the creation of the film while participating in the twenty-fifth anniversary cast reunion. In As You Wish he has created an enchanting experience; in addition to never-before seen photos and interviews with his fellow cast mates, there are plenty of set secrets, backstage stories, and answers to lingering questions about off-screen romances that have plagued fans for years!

Review:

This was such an excellent read. I love The Princess Bride, I love Cary Elwes, and I love that this book exists. It is full of little gifts of knowledge about the making of this magical movie, I laughed and I teared up because it's all so beautiful. This movie means a lot to me and I loved reading how much the people who made it love it, too.

I listened to the audiobook - which I'm now going to purchase because it was so, so good! Cary Elwes narrates, but he also has other members of the cast and crew read their own commentary and it's so wonderful to hear. I highly recommend giving it a listen, as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment