Sunday, August 31, 2014

Graveyard Book Graphic Novel: Volume 1

The Graveyard Book Graphic Novel Volume 1 by Neil Gaiman, Craig Russell

188 Pages

When I was a kid my dad used to bring me stacks of comic books home every time he travelled to Denver for business.  They has some sort of comic book warehouse there and once I got them I used to sit and read them for hours.  As an adult I don't really don't like comic books or graphic novels very much and I couldn't really tell you why until I read this graphic novel.

I have read the original Neil Gaiman book the Graveyard book and find that when adapted as a graphic novel it loses some of its magical qualities because the artist is defining what he sees in the novel instead of my imagination.  I believe the same thing happens when they make movies out of books.  They almost never live up to your imagination.  The only group of movies that comes close has been the Harry Potter movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment