Sunday, August 31, 2014

One Plus One

One Plus One by JoJo Moyes
368 Pages


Let me begin with a confession... I like chick lit.  I don't know if we are still calling it that but I liked the Bridget Jones and Sex In the City books as well as movies like Pretty Woman.  While critics say it is about covers with shoes, I think it is more about women, and sometimes men, coming to a realization or growth that leaves their lives better.  In short, books with happy endings.

One plus One falls squarely in this description.  A single mom, 2 kids, a farting dog and a stranger all come together for a road trip that leaves all their lives changed.  The characters are engaging and the story fun to read.  Literature? No, but all books don't have to be literature, some just have to entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment