Thursday, August 28, 2014

Watcher in the Shadows



The Watcher in The Shadows by Carlos Ruiz Zafon            262 pages

Irene’s family has moved to a new town following the death of her father.  Nearly a year after his death it seems their fortune has changed.  Her mother was offered a good position and it seems that she and her brother, Dorian, will be able to go back to school instead of looking for work to help support the family.  Once they arrive however, Irene becomes involved with Ismael, a young fisherman.  When his cousin, Hannah, is found murdered, Irene begins to wonder if there is any truth to the ghost stories she has heard in the village and whether her family might also be in danger.  This book didn’t hold my attention very well.  Despite the supernatural mystery going on, I didn’t find it that scary and my mind kept wandering while I was reading.  A teen reader might like it better than I did, but I probably won’t be recommending it very strongly to anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment