Tuesday, May 16, 2017

My Boyfriend Barfed in my Handbag

My Boyfriend Barfed in my Handbag…and Other Things You Can’t Ask Martha by Jolie Kerr         Paperback:  238 pages                

Any book that comes with comedienne Amy Sedaris’ seal of approval works for me but then Jolie Kerr had me at the title prior to the Sedaris homage.    What a great book!   I have now learned new ways on how to clean with white vinegar, ammonia, vodka, oxy clean, bleach, baking soda (not all together by the way)  and many new uses for toothbrushes and laundry sheets.    I have learned ways to rid the smell of cigarette smoke from everything from walls to car seats (spray vodka and water).    I have learned how to rid the boy smell (socks, feet, sweat, beer, stale smell with a little dust thrown in) from a room (vinegar and water – equal parts).    I have learned how to get the vomit smell out of an expensive leather purse (sudsy bubbles, saddle soap and that can of stuff used to get stink out of tennis shoes).   For the more adventurous there are cleaning solutions for your harness (I don’t judge) and other like toys (this is a family blog folks) both adult and younger.     There are instructions for getting the confetti cannon bits up without leaving one bit of confetti behind, there are instructions on how to get those nagging (bodily) protein stains out of just about everything (we’re talking from drool on your pillowcase to skid marks off your sheets to well, you know…off of pretty much everything you can think of).    We’re talking inside and outside the house here from kitchen to garage to car from recliner to every appliance and gizmo you can come up with and if it isn’t here you can always go online to Jolie Kerr’s column, “Ask a Clean Person,” which happens to be the title of another of her books.    This book makes the whole process of cleaning seem like the most pleasing adventure you have ever been on.   What a motivational speaker she is.   The Queen of Clean – sorry Martha, but, there are just some things we can’t ask you about.    Thank you Jolie Kerr – what a great book.    I am so inspired to go attack that odd stain my cats left for me now.     You have inspired me not to run from the gross stuff anymore but to attack full on while it is still fresh and simpler to get up.    A copy of this book should be in every household.   I loved it and you will laugh out loud and won’t be able to put it down.    GREAT BOOK!   A favorite and one I will refer back to often.    

No comments:

Post a Comment