Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Hunger

Hunger: A Memoir of (my) Body by Roxane Gay     320 pages


From the New York Times best-selling author of Bad Feminist, a searingly honest memoir of food, weight, self-image, and learning how to feed your hunger while taking care of yourself.

This was a very insightful read for me. I learned a lot from Gay and I will definitely be reading her book, Bad Feminist, as I really enjoyed her writing style. She has a lot of really important things to say that need to be heard. 

As someone with a more average body type, I found it very helpful to read this book because it's important to get other perspectives. Gay really opened me up to her own thoughts and feelings about how she fits in the world or wants to fit in the world and how society as a whole looks at her and treats people like her. Reading this book was definitely an eye-opening experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment