Thursday, September 7, 2017

The Goddess of Fortune


The Goddess of Fortune by Andrew Blencowe    362 pages

I won this book in a Shelf Awareness (an e-newsletter) a couple of years ago.  Judging a book by its cover, this looks like a great read. Although I knew it alternate history, the time period was World War II, so how could it be a disappointment?

Over the past couple of years, I’ve tried five or six times to read this novel, but alas, I could never get past page 40.

The dust jacket says that the story is about, “What if by the passing of just two events, Japan and Germany had won World War II?”  However I have no idea what Blencowe was talking about in those 40 pages. There is a well-described sex scene, which from flipping through and scanning several pages, seems to be pre-dominate plot.

The Goddess of Fortune isn’t my cup of tea. It gets 1 out of 5 stars (for a great cover) in Julie’s world.

No comments:

Post a Comment