Monday, November 6, 2017

Adulting

Adulting: How to Become a Grown-up in 468 Easy(ish) Steps by Kelly Williams Brown    273 pages

Aimed at recent college graduates, this book is a humorous but helpful guide to navigating the world. Including tips on what to look for when renting an apartment, office politics, cleaning and more, this book "makes the scary, confusing "real world" approachable, manageable-and even conquerable."

I picked up this book after attending a program on library programming but also because I read something about the book (somewhere. I have no idea where I read about this book).  I wasn't sure what I'd find, advice-wise, but was surprised by how much practical advice is contained here.  While some of these things seemed really obvious to me, there were other pieces of advice that I might not have thought of.  It seems like forever ago when I had my first apartment in college, and had to figure out budgeting, bills, rental contracts, and more.  

This might be a good book to give college freshmen (or anyone, actually, who is about to set out on their own and be independent from their parental units).

No comments:

Post a Comment