Thursday, November 2, 2017

Liberty

Liberty by Andrea Portes, 390 pages

Paige’s parents are missing, presumed dead.  They are journalists, following a story, when they disappeared.  Paige wants to believe that they are still a live but doesn’t know what to think for sure until she is approached by a representative of a secret government agency who wants her to do a job for them.  In return, he will reopen a case to retrieve Paige’s parents, who he knows are still alive.  Paige, who doesn’t see much alternative, agrees.  After some training, she finds herself in Russia, meeting people she isn’t sure she can trust, and possibly falling in love with her target.  This was a wacky, hilarious, adventure romance.  I really liked how it started and I liked it all the way through.  The editing in this was a little annoying.  I hate reading books that pull me out of the story because of misspellings, such that the line I’m reading doesn’t make sense.  This happened at least three times in this book.  Also, the suspension of disbelief got stretched pretty thin for me a couple of times, but overall, I thought that teens would enjoy the humor in this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment