Friday, November 3, 2017

There's Someone Inside Your House

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins     289 pages

Makani Young thought she'd left her dark past behind her in Hawaii, settling in with her grandmother in landlocked Nebraska. She's found new friends and has even started to fall for mysterious outsider Ollie Larsson. But her past isn't far behind.

Then, one by one, the students of Osborne Hugh begin to die in a series f gruesome murders, each with increasingly grotesque flair. As the terror grows closer and her feelings for Ollie intensify, Makani is forced to confront her own dark secrets.


This book was interesting - it had fun parts, it had gory parts, it had typical teen drama. It was exactly what you'd expect for a YA slasher novel. There were violent murders - done by a serial killer and there was a budding teen romance. It was a fun, quick read and sure, highly predictable, but still enjoyable. I'd say the teens were pretty realistic - a bit stupid, a bit fool-hardy/I can protect my friends from a serial-killer, let's go get him ourselves, but most teens can be somewhat stupid about the world or believe they're invincible enough that they won't die.

I liked the effort to include diversity, though it was a bit questionable in some ways. But nevertheless, I didn't feel like I'd wasted my time, and I did really enjoy parts of this interesting story. Would I read it again? Probably not, but I would probably recommend it to others I thought might enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment