Sunday, November 5, 2017

Turtles All the Way Down

Turtles All the Way Down by John Green     286 pages

Sixteen-year-old Aza never intended to pursue the mystery of fugitive billionaire Russell Pickett, but there’s a hundred-thousand-dollar reward at stake and her Best and Most Fearless Friend, Daisy, is eager to investigate. So together, they navigate the short distance and broad divides that separate them from Russell Pickett’s son, Davis.

Aza is trying. She is trying to be a good daughter, a good friend, a good student, and maybe even a good detective, while also living within the ever-tightening spiral of her own thoughts. 


I don't know what else to say about this book other than I was deeply moved by it. I saw something of myself in Aza and that made her story so much more impactful to me. Her anxiety was so familiar to me, I felt the struggle along with her and I get stressed with her and I just couldn't stop thinking about this book and the characters in it.

John Green is such a good storyteller, but he's also really good at making real, believable characters that could and do exist out there somewhere. This story was so well put together, and it's humor and its heartache get to me. I'll never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment