Thursday, November 30, 2017

X-Men: Storm

X-Men: Storm by Warren Ellis & Terry Dodson, 112 pages

Storm is abducted by the mutant villain Mikhail Rasputin and brought to an alternate dimension, where she must battle the next generation of Morlocks, bitter over Storm's failings as their leader.” I wanted to give the typical comic book format another chance because I used to love them when I was a teen.  Storm was always one of my favorite characters.  This particular one didn’t hold up as well as I would have hoped.  Storm’s character seemed flat, and I know they want to give the characters flaws to make them more human, she just seemed to weak and kind of whiny.  This wasn’t the woman I remembered and I didn’t enjoy it very much.  However, I will probably try again with something different.  In the meantime, I still think this will probably appeal to teens who like graphic novels about superheroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment