Saturday, November 24, 2018

Easy Upgrades, Bathroom

Easy Upgrades, Bathroom by The Publisher of This Old House Magazine           Paperback Book: 207 pages                  

I so want to be handy and be able to do my own upgrades, but, I am so carpentry challenged it is sad.    I have the desire but not the skill so I read books like this one with longing to create the lovely cubbies for organizing towels and placement of accessories and storage bins, gorgeous fixtures and the dream of huge walk-in showers almost like a small room itself with a huge shower head for a rain effect or multiple shower heads for that spa feel.   I lustfully look at glorious designs for dream bathrooms found in multi-million dollar homes that truly are fantasy designs but the architecture is amazing.   Claw foot tubs beckoning one to a by-gone era of lush and lavish self-indulgence, sigh….This book shows the reader so many ways to make your champagne wishes come true and explains in such wonderful detail just what tools to use and how to apply them yet still I feel like the child sent to sit in the corner while the adults make something wonderful.  If only.    My hope is if I keep reading books on home improvement, even if I can’t actually do the plumbing myself, maybe I will get the idea, figure out a way to have something grand and these photos are beautiful let me tell you, it is my wish that I do learn from the pros who put books like this together and apply the terrific ideas they impart into something wonderful if on a lesser scale.   I do love how-to books.   I’m hoping the technical tool skill will follow if I just keep reading how to do upgrades by mental osmosis.    I love the looks, I love the independence of making it yourself, so far my practical building skills are not up to pro-grade but one day.   I highly recommend this book to anyone wanting to update,  re-create or create the bathroom in their home that would be their happy place of serenity.   So many great ideas to be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment