Monday, November 26, 2018

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told

The Greatest Love Story Ever Told by Megan Mullally,  Nick Offerman   audiobook 6 discs, 288 pages 

I listened to this audiobook, which is read by the authors and makes for some very good listening. Admittedly, I prefer listening to Nick than Megan (and it seemed like sometimes she dominated the conversation a bit too often).  I liked that the two of them talked about their childhoods, how they met, and anecdotes about their relationship and life in general. I really liked it when Nick would do a chapter on his own, like the one about how if you're looking to meet someone (for a relationship), it's best to do it while doing something you love. He starts out by talking about baking delicious cookies and then it all develops from there.

I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed this as much if I had read the book because the audiobook just feels like a natural conversation between the two of them, complete with occasional snickers. It's clear that the two of them have a solid relationship and their comfort level with each other comes through as you listen to them.





No comments:

Post a Comment