Saturday, November 24, 2018

Upgrade Your House: 100 DIY Repairs & Improvements for Under $100

Upgrade Your House:  100 DIY Repairs & Improvements for Under $100 by Philip Schmidt        Paperback Book:  144 pages          

This is the best book I have ever read on how to do home repairs.    So easy to comprehend, step by step excellent photos and directions that even I can understand.    I was particularly impressed with the exterior because it is getting to be that time in the life of my house that it is going to eventually need the roof replaced.    I know there was an issue with the flange on my roof and this book walked me through the repair process completely.   Now, honestly, my brother did the work for me, he is my go-go-guy for repair work when he has time, but, now I understand so much more about the process of repairing loads of things interior and exterior –wise on my house now thanks to the perfect photos and simple explanations.    Now I don’t have to be that person with a big question mark above my head when people are speaking about home repair.    Seriously, this is THE BEST book on home repair I have seen so far and I have read a few over the years.  Philip Schmidt breaks things down so well, it makes me want to get a tool belt and a ladder and start cleaning out my gutters, repairing my roof and a multitude of other tasks I have often had to ask or hire others to do for me.    It is just a matter of understanding the task in order to be able to accomplish it and this book is like your best friend taking your hand and saying, “O.K. this is how we are going to do it.”   Seriously, this book makes me believe I can do everything in it.  Drywall here I come!   YES, YES and YES, I highly recommend this book for anyone, the reluctant homeowner with lots of little jobs that could be done by oneself and the handyman who might do it himself, but, I bet even pros could learn some shortcuts and tips here.   It is excellent.   Makes me want to grab a hammer and start banging!

No comments:

Post a Comment