Saturday, November 24, 2018

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool by Lisa Scottoline and Francesca  Serritella                          Audiobook:  5 hours, 14 minutes     Hardback Book:  336 pages              

I love this mother daughter tag-team comediennes.   Lisa tells a story, then her daughter Francesca tells a story – always about a funny experience they have had personally.   These ladies are a riot.   I love listening to them on their audiobooks while I have to do chores around the house, it makes the chore easier because I am laughing so often.    The stories they tell are about things we all do, or things we have likely experienced or thought about in our own lives.    They tell on themselves, too, their reactions, their DUH moments, good, bad, and indifferent but every story is hilarious.   How do they maintain that quality of humor, it must be in their genes as they tell stories on Mother Mary, Lisa’s mom and Francesca’s maternal grandmother as well as on their friends, family members, co-workers, but always either how they did something funny and it is just such fun like hanging out with girlfriends and laughing over cocktails and a night out.   They tell funny stories on their romantic lives, Lisa calls her two ex-husbands Thing 1 and Thing 2.   It makes you smile just thinking back over some of the stuff they have done or said.   It is such an enjoyable read when these two ladies get together.   This is the second comedy book of theirs I have listened to and I can’t wait to experience them all.    Also, I found out they have lots of books each has written in other genres as well, so, I picked up a couple of Lisa Scottoline’s thrillers and will soon be reading those.    She has a great way of speaking so I am interested to find out if I will like her other writings as much as her hysterical humor books.   Hope so.  YES, definitely,  I recommend these two ladies humor books SO FUNNY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment