Friday, May 31, 2019

Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals

Girl, Stop Apologizing: A Shame-Free Plan for Embracing and Achieving Your Goals by Rachel Hollis  216 pages

Shirley also read this book this month, so I won't elaborate about what the book is about (since Shirley's post already did a great job with that!).  I found this book to be a good read, although a few times it felt like it was repetitive.  And, at times, the author's boundless positive energy was a little much --- I feel like she's got enough positive energy to power the sun, which is great, but a few times made me feel like I just needed a break.

However, she has some good, realistic, straightforward advice here.  The one thing that I kept remembering after I finished this book was something she wrote about it being ok to ask for help. She wrote something about how there are many, many ways to swim but only one way to drown, and that is to not ask for help to keep you from drowning.  Out of everything, that was one thing that really stuck in my mind to remember.  Overall, though, this is a good read and I think I'll pick up her other book and give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment