Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Most Wanted


Most Wanted by Lisa Scottoline   438 pages


You know how some people just rub you the wrong way?   That is how I feel about the main character in this book.   She is bossy, self-centered, attention seeking and bulldozes everyone she comes in contact with until she can't and when another character gives her back the same treatment she bestows on others, she backs up, she cries, she clamps down and won't tell them anything though she bullies others into giving her information constantly.   By mid book and all the way to the end I was hoping she would be the murderer's next victim.   The story was well-written as all of Lisa Scottoline's works are and the story line was a good one and I was caught up in it until the lead character began to grate on my nerves with her OCD attitude and behavior.   While the book lets the reader believe alls well that ends well, I still think her husband should have left her.   I can't recommend this book because I don't like people who treat others this way and I found it frustrating wishing for the book to end but was committed to the story.   The story itself really is a good one, though, despite the b*tch narrating it.   It is just hard to recommend a book I was gritting my teeth hoping something awful would happen to the main character.

 - Shirley J.

No comments:

Post a Comment