Sunday, September 20, 2020

The Secret Garden


The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett     288 pages


I so enjoyed this book.   I knew the story to some degree but this read really took me there inside that mystical place with Mary, Dicken, Colin and the menagerie of critters Dicken charmed.   Really fun read of the Yorkshire accent, too.    I never realized how truly delightful and almost Gaelic it had seemed way back when.   That just endeared the book to me more.   How beautiful and strong things can grow from slim beginnings.   An endearing story for any age and worth the read even if you have already read it once or twice.   A gem.   Just goes to show how the unlikeliest of people and the most diverse of circumstance can lead to personal and spiritual healing and lend strange combinations to become the best of friends and adventures.   Highly Highly and more Highly recommended a spot of joy in a COVID world.

 - Shirley J.

No comments:

Post a Comment